FW: Open Space information in Portuguese

Artur Ferreira da Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sat May 31 07:17:05 PDT 2003

At 12:25 30-05-2003 -0400, DGibeault wrote:

>I've received this request from the organization that I worked with at their
>international OS on Participatory development last year in Guelph. Can
>anyone help? You can contact Tanya directly at the email address bellow.

Apart from the Portuguese translation of the OST User's Guide that Harrison
refered to (with a surprising title, by the way, but I will come to that
below....), I have written some texts about OST and translated the most
important terminology that I can send to Tanya if she is interested and
contacts me. My email address is above - as it is also in my translation of
Michael Herman's Introduction to OST in the Portuguese page of
www.openspaceworld.org

>At 19:36 30-05-2003 -0400, Harrison Owen wrote:
>
>Actually -- the Portuguese translation of "Open Space Technology: A Users
>Guide" has just come out. They re-titled it. In Brazil it is now know a
>"Coffee Break produtivo" -- Sounds good to me. The publisher is Novo
>Paradigma My Portuguese is a little rusty (non-existent) but I think you
>could get further information (copies) by checking www.w11editores.com.br
>Maybe???

Sorry, Harrison, bit it doesn't sound good to me  :-(((

I know that it is your book, so you have the right to accept any
translation title... But the Users Guide is also the main reference for
this community - any one of us can refer to the Guide and know that the
others understand what one is talking about. From now on we will have to
remember that if someone refers to "Productive Coffee Breaks" he may also
be referring to the OST User's Guide.

On the other hand when I read the Portuguese title I get the impression
that the book is about how to organize "coffee breaks" that are
"productive" (more coffee in less time, probably...). And by the way,
"coffee break" translates to Portuguese (in Portugal as in Brasil or
Moçambique)" as "intervalo de café".

Sorry about that, Harrison. Regards

Artur