plexus, nexus

Elwin and Joan elwinandjoan at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 07:56:25 PDT 2003

--- kerry napuk <k at napuk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Plexus should start their investigation with the evolution of
> decision making and the exclusion of stakeholders, then the Institute
> will start understanding large group processes, participatory
> democracy, equality and open space.

As usual I totally share Kerry's view.  In my work, which is mostly as
an agent to USAID project aims, I find that the "aim" has been
prescribed by persons so far outside the target area as to seem
meaningless.  Better I think for such efforts to begin with an Open
Space gathering of the targeted population to allow them to prescribe
what needs to be done.

Elwin Guild
Future Development International
Baltimore