The Wellness Revolution for Organizations

ashley cooper ashcooper at earthlink.net
Sat May 10 04:11:06 PDT 2003

why talking --?
why not listening to the words of people, folks, client --?
learning their language

florian,

i believe this is the heart of connecting with others. so often i find that a common "language" of specifically chosen words can serve as an open, inviting door. once someone allows me in, they receive all of me...with or without words the essence seeps through.

sometimes words initially ruffle another's feathers, causing them to feel uncomfortable before even hearing the message. i tend to look upon these situations as a learning opportunity to learn a new language. the language i tried today did not work for this person...next time?!

having fun with words!
ashley