The Wellness Revolution for Organizations

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Fri May 9 19:10:36 PDT 2003

Birgitt--

If--
 << "the purpose of organizations is for the
 << evolvement of people" and ...all other purposes as secondary

then why call it--
 << "the Wellness Revolution for Organizations"

Over the last few years I have struggled with a closely allied question of
my own--whether or not to tell people that my work was about was Spirit.
Over those years, my thinking has gradually come around to the idea of
saying exactly what I was about, for good or ill. It is a question of
honesty--it just felt cleaner to say what I really meant. But that is just
the surface level of my thought process. It is also a matter that there is
not enough time to try to "sell" the people who cannot see the need. If you
had been reading my Footprints/sm over the last few years, it probably
would be noticable how many more times I have been using "Spirit" and "G-d"
and other synonyms, rather than the sugar-coating I used to do much more.
Have not gotten away from the "redirection" language entirely, but I am
trying.

So, Birgitt, although you asked for these replies off-list, I think it is
central to the discussion of who each one of us is and how we present
ourselves to talk frankly among ourselves about how we present this work.
So I hope you will see the value in it, and forgive me this ignoring of
your request. Perhaps you will share with the whole list how you are
shifting how you present your work to potential clients.

Maybe others would like to reply, too? What is your best on this: Do we
talk to people of Spirit and evolvement, or do we couch it in other
language, such as Wellness? (I am trying to be neutral in my choice of
language here, but suspect I have not succeeded.)

                              :-Doug. Germann