OS with kids - please advice

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Tue May 6 09:56:18 PDT 2003

Dear Julie,
a planning meeting is a wonderful opportunity to mimic the
composition of the open space with the idea to have "the whole
system" together.
So I get them all together and certainly not seperately...getting
everyone into the planning mode sets the stage for the way the os
will run.
What emerges from my experience is that leadership pops up (everyone
shares in it) out of the interplay of passion and responsibility.
Having a planning session with everyone will create the structure
(not us facilitators structuring.
peace
mmp

On Tue, 6 May 2003 08:14:32 -0800, Julie Smith wrote:

>I wonder if it would help to look more deeply at how we structure the
>planning for an OST with children and youth.  I'm thinking it might be
>helpful to think in terms of multiple sponsors, all of whom need
>attention and input before the event.  I think I might even meet with
>them separately in three groups: the adults, the youth (12 - 18), and
>the children (6 - 11).
>
>If a particular group identified a particular need (like art or music),
>then they would also have the opportunity to identify how to get that
>need met. (And I'll bet the adults would be surprised and enchanted by
>the new ideas that would emerge.) Passion bounded by responsibility
>would start in the planning, setting the stage for even greater
>responsibility and deeper learning during the event itself.
>
>These are just my ruminations..... I haven't ever tried it this way with
>people under the age of 12.
>
>Julie

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.