typing their own notes...

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Tue May 27 13:40:49 PDT 2003

I just had a conversation with a client about an upcoming 2-day Open Space.  The group is composed lots of high-powered executives.  As my contact put it, "there are undoubtedly people in the group who haven't taken their own notes in 40 years."

The planners are envisioning having staff do the typing of session notes.  In other words, convenors would, as always, be responsible for seeing that the notes are taken.  Convenors would then hand them off to staff to type up after their sessions.

My instinct is to advise against this and invite these folks to take responsibility for seeing that the notes are entered themselves.  My client is skeptical that any sessions would actually make it into the computers this way.

Has anyone dealt with this sort of issue?  Any thoughts?

Peggy

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place