4 hour OS for Chechen women

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Thu May 22 22:05:06 PDT 2003

Raffi, John--

I think that in our culture, we often downplay the value of just being with
someone without trying to do something.  The fact that you choose to be with
them, and bring your full presence and attention, conveys a message that they
are of value.  The fact that you listen with acceptance validates their
experience and thoughts/feelings.  The fact that you let them choose their path and
their pace is a way of honoring their wisdom and resources.

This feels to me like incredibly valuable work!  Thank you both.

Joelle