OS with kids - please advice

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Tue May 6 01:14:35 PDT 2003

Dear All,

I have been asked to facilitate an Open Space for a school. The theme
will be: "What school do we want to have in the future, and how do we
create it ?"

When discussing who should participate, the conclusion at this moment is
the Board, the schools staff, parents, children and a couple of others
who have
a say about or expertise in this.

My question is about the children. This school has children from 6-16
years old. The preparation group I am working with feels the older
classes could participate. I expect also the younger ones would just do
fine - except that probably they will not be given a choice to
participate or not - parents who want to join the meeting will just take
them along so as to not have to pay for someone to look after them.

Anyone else has any experience with this ?

Greetings from Denmark,

Gerard Muller
Open Space Institute Denmark