Music

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Mar 23 07:18:02 PST 2003

I never "use" music in open space.
Often, participants make music or convene sessions where people make
music, dance, etc. and these groups invariably report on their
sessions during evening or morning use sometimes offering a song or
dance or rhythm.
When I "do" my introduciton to ost I usually point out that session
can of course be discussion groups and that there is more to life
such as theater, role playing, a discussion-walk, silent discussion,
meditation, mindmapping, brainstorming, painting, drawing, dancing,
singing, massage, cooking, baking, swimming, golf, soccer, chess,
hide and seek, taking a break, sleeping, dreaming..... and other
fabulous ways of being productive and creating new things.
Kids usually pick up on this stuff, adults are a little less
flexible.
One time, as a participant in open space, I experienced the
facilitator putting on music. When a participant suggested turning it
down a bit the facilitator went into an explanation of why he thought
the music was a good idea.
If anything, this incident would stop me as facilitator from
introducing music or other lovely things .... dont worry, I still
insist on non-stop coffee and fresh, full fat milk to go with it
peace
mmp

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:10:26 +0100, Vliex, Carla (cvl) wrote:

>HI
>
>I was wondering if anyone ever used music in on Open Space event. Not just
>in one session, but use music during the whole event. Thinking of trying it
>with a client next month.
>
>love and sunshine for this world
>
>Carla
>> Met vriendelijke groet,
>>
>> drs. Carla J.P. Vliex
>> _______________________________________
>> Organisatieadviseur
>>
>> Twynstra Gudde Management Consultants
>> Stationsplein 1, 3818 LE Amersfoort
>> Postbus 907, 3800 AX Amersfoort
>> Telefoon 033 4677760, Fax 033 4677479
>> Mobiel 06 53927407
>> E-mail cvl at tg.nl, Internet www.tg.nl
>>

>*
>*
>Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.