OST 101

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 19 14:21:06 PST 2003

At 07:53 AM 3/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am new to OST and hope this is not an inappropriate request. I am a
>middle school teacher in the Boston Public Schools and will be facilitating
>a meeting with about 7 colleagues. I would like the format to follow the
>OST model. I know the 4 principles and the law of two feet and have a
>theme. After that I could use the step by step process of how to do an OST
>meeting. My hope is that the school will adopt OST as way to do meetings.
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Gilly

for the full treatment, buy the book "Open Space Technology:A User's Guide"
(Berrett-Koehler, 1997) www.amazon.com should do it. Enter my name. Or for
the short course, look on my website www.openspaceworld.com in the section
called "papers" and there you will find the "Brief User's Guide." Both will
work, but if you are going to do Open Space more often, the full treatment
will be helpful. And by the way, it works great for kids in classrooms.

Harrison

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA