another (successful) OS and sooo many questions (not short; probably qualifies as "long")

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Mon Mar 17 22:48:09 PST 2003

Yep, at least thats my experience, people doing things by themselves,
being grand at it and enjoying it.
Training: I find there is training in the sense of being an
apprentice, learning the trade or the craftsmanship, like holding a
pen...
And then there is training in the art of facilitation (that has
something to do with open space etc.) or better, a lifelong journey
of discovery, in the art of doing nothing.
For my money, thats where I invest it to increase my capacity to
function as a facilitator, as in "doing nothing".
peace
mmp

Bottom line? People anywhere and everywhere can do it all by
themselves. It takes only a good head and a good heart. Sure --
training is nice and, I think, useful. But i don't think it improves
the quality of Open Space so much as it increases our capacity to
function in Open Space, and to help others to do the same.

So maybe you should just accept and enjoy the accolades and thanks --
declare victory -- and go home. You deserve it! Obviously you did a
fantastic job -- doing nothing.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA
phone 301-365-2093

view the archives of oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu

OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu, Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.