convergence with

Bernd Weber wb-trainconsult at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 08:27:49 PST 2003

Dear Gerard,

wonderful idea to work with such a mental voyage technique (perhaps we could
also call it a version of de Shazer's "miracle question") to focus
convergence even more on solutions as beeing mentally already in place.

Did others already try that?

Bernd

> I would invite to imagine that the next morning would be another meeting,
> in a year’s time (or whatever horizon would seem to fit) and that the
group
> had achieved enormous progress since the Open Space.
> And I would say we had agreed that before going on that meeting (a year
> from now) a few would make a speech of a few minutes, looking back. The
story
> would be about
> - where are we now, and what is different ?
> - how has the journey been ?
> - what were the main successes and problems, and how did we overcome those
> problems ?
> - how did this group support the journey ?
>
> I have just come back from an event where we had just 3 hours on the
> second day, and this group actually told me that sometime long after I had
gone
> to bed they began designing stories to be told
> and spent a couple of hours preparing - and convergence was no problem.
> But then, the problem maybe existed only in my mind ?

WB-TrainConsult
management- & human resources
training, consulting & development

Vienna Office:
Gumpendorfer Straße 88b/18
AT-1060 Wien, AUSTRIA

fon & fax: +431 596 86 57
E-mail: <wb-trainconsult at gmx.net>
private E-mail: <weberb at gmx.at>

Beira-Office:
C.P. 1462, Rua Francisco de Almeida 208
Ponta Gêa, Beira, Sofala, MOZAMBIQUE
fon: ++258 329859

I closed down my offices in Vienna/Austria & Praia/Cape Verde
and moved to Mozambique. Please delete the following email-
adresses from your adressbook:
Meine beiden Büros in Wien/Österreich und Praia/Kap Verde
habe ich nach Mosambik verlegt. Bitte folgende Emailadressen
löschen:
Fechei os meus escritorios de Viena/Austria e Praia/Cabo Verde
abrindo o novo na Beira/Mocambique. Por favor, substitue-os
seguintes enderecos de email pelos acima mencionados:
Mes adresses de e-mail suivantes (dans les iles des Cap Verts e
en Autriche) n'existent plus: