convergence with "stickie dots"

John Moore jmoore at netspace.net.au
Wed Mar 5 23:15:32 PST 2003

Hi Lisa

I don't have a mathematical formula, but I have been using
ten-dots-for-four-priorities (4 dots to priority 1, 3 to priority 2, 2
to p3, 1 to p4) for several years and it seems to work on two levels.
First it is easy to explain and understand and second it does give good
discrimination. The resulting list of prioritised items is typically
about a quarter of the total possibilities. that's not a statistical
analysis - it's my raw gut sense!

i have used this in communities, corporations and local government
settings. Seems to work in all of them.

Cheers

John Moore

Open Futures Pty Ltd