Follow-up meeting with Students

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Tue Mar 18 14:34:41 PST 2003

Dear colleagues,
well, my hunch was right on target, it was great to be with the
students this morning doing the follow up meeting.
32 showed up from 12 noon through 2pm (it was planned till 3pm, but
it was over at 2 with all the stuff done they had come to do). Of the
19 projects that they had planned on last November, 11 were present
(2 had been finished) and for 9 of those they decided on next steps.
In the face of impending war one group (political forum) focused on
the days ahead. They, together with other Berlin highschools are
planning to all leave school for a demonstration and  wear black the
day after war breakes lose.
They reported on an intense discussion on the question of wearing
either black (mourning) or white (hope for peace) before they decided
on black.
At the same time they carried on with varying projects (having an art
exhibit in the girls john, the whole school reading one book, getting
the school to agree that their student body sessions should be within
the regular school-time, reactivating the pond in the school-garden,
conducting a drug-education project for students entering highschool,
...).
During closing they spoke of how important it was for them to gather,
take stock, get a new start....and when I expressed my hope for fewer
wars in their future they sat in utter silence and two of them cried.
peace
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.