A real challenge

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Tue Mar 11 14:47:14 PST 2003

Dear Jaime,

My first thought reading your mail was to take a theme like “"How do we
succesfully integrate 500 new collegues in a very short time frame ?”
which is a relevant, important but maybe non-threatening issue.
(Of course, other things will come up)

But you wrote “the remaining top managerial team is still oriented to a
vertical, traditional way of having things done”. To what extent do you
sense they would be interested in other options ? And do they have any
serious problems they know they are not “in control” of ?

In some cases where I felt they were interested I have tried to get more
time with them before the meeting
which sometimes led to a more open space. On the other hand if they feel
they are in control, know the solution ............... ?

Greetings from

Gerard Muller
Open Space institute Denmark