A Third Way

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Mon Mar 10 18:09:36 PST 2003

Dear OST Friends

Last Saturday, my husband, son and I joined some friends to attend a Peace
March in Phoenix.  While I was happy to be hanging out in the park on that
sparkling warm morning with a colorfully diverse group of Peace Activists,
I was struck by the largely dichotomized perspectives that were represented
among the placards and the shouted slogans.  Most of them were against
something - against war for oil, against US imperialism, against President
Bush...  Once we started peacefully marching, it got more interesting.
Police in riot gear on horseback, in automobiles, in plain clothes were out
en mass.  (Mostly) verbal power struggles ensued.  People against police
harrassment, video taped the police.  Across the street from our march, a
few people were shouting, "War in 2 weeks!"  We were a microcosm of the
archetypal split that has us all at odds.

There has to be another way.  A way to find common ground among those who
feel strongly that the US is being threatened and those who feel strongly
that the US is being threatening.  A way that powerfully stops Saddam from
abusing his people and provoking his enemies WHILE increasing the
possibility for peace in the Middle East and the world.  A way that acts as
a powerful preventative to war.

When I returned to my email box on Saturday afternoon, a friend had sent me
an extremely well articulated article that offered a third way.  "An
Alternative to War for Defeating Saddam Hussein" can be found at
http://www.sojo.net/action.  I thought you might appreciate another
perspective.

Peace,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
Triune Milagro, LTD
2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue
Phoenix, AZ  85048-8990
milagro27 at cox.net
480.759.0262  phone
480.759.0403  fax
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:  www.milagro3.com <http://www.milagro3.com>

Invoking the wisdom and capacity of the human spirit!