Pattern Languages

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Mon Jun 30 09:19:30 PDT 2003

hello artur...

Artur Ferreira da Silva wrote:

> Now, on a completelly different subject, Michael - we must think more
> carefully how we shall inter-relate the discussions in the OSLIST and the
> co-development of the new wiki look of the site at www.openspaceworld.org.

this co-development, for the .ORG website (and for many other projects)
will be possible at the new .NET site, the formal invitation for which
is coming soon...

> Until now you are practically the only architect and builder of the site,

yes, with help from Peggy Holman, Chris Corrigan and others who've added
content bits directly and OSI board discussions about grander directions
of things...

> and you are kind enough to inform us of important inovations (even if I
> would prefer to be directed directly to the page
> http://www.globalchicago.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?PatternLanguage)

ah, yes, but if i send you to the page directly, you are less likely to
stumble onto some of the other gems there, and so i send you to one
level above, so that you might learn something, discover somethign,
along the way... even if all you learn is that there is more there to
explore, when you're ready... <grin>

> But I think
> that in the future we willl need some sort of automatic information in the
> list of the major improvements in the site.

the automatic improvements are listed on the RecentChanges page of any
wiki...

http://www.openspaceworld.org/wiki/wiki/wiki.cgi?RecentChanges (direct
link!)

> I think this would be important
> to allow us to "comment" on the site, but knowing that we would not loose
> the push-style of conection of a listserv. Is this possible?

there is no 'commenting' ...there is only passion bounded by
responsibility... the ongoing development will ultimately be shaped by
those who join directly in the work of shaping and tidying the site, in
the context of the group that will be tending to the site longer term...
 all of this will be more clear as .NET unfolds...

we have come up with one technical glitch surrounding the hosting of the
osi bookstore, and this has taken my attention away from these other
things and our forthcoming invitation, but i promise this invitation
really is coming soon!

michaelh

> Regards
>
> Artur