Pattern Languages

BJ Peters bjp1 at cox.net
Thu Jun 26 17:47:15 PDT 2003

Michael-- I read your article and followed some of the links to original
sources. I found myself on the verge of, yet not grasping, much of the
original source material. So I skimmed with something other than my mind
at the helm. What came up for me was this: perhaps Alexander's work was
at the non-mathmatical edge of chaos theory, because I kept seeing
fractals and other pieces of that in what I was reading. And I'm
currently reading "Seven Life Lessons of Chaos: Spiritual Wisdom from
the Science of Change" by John Briggs and E. Davit Peat, so my lens is
that right now.

I really liked your comparison to OST and your conclusions. Thanks for
initiating new ways of perceiving and deepening understanding.

Be Peace --BJ