Rome was one year ago - any news?

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 05:00:41 PDT 2003

At 10:26 PM 6/16/2003 -0500, ted wrote:
>Harrison,
>I was just thinking that your Rome event with the 50 people from
>Israel/Palestine was just about a year ago.  Any news?
>peace,
>ted

Well we did not bring Peace to the Middle East -- but things seem to be
hanging together more or less. I met with a number of the participants when
I was in The Middle East in February. They seemed glad to see me, and I was
certainly glad to see them. As I think I reported, we did a training
program in Ramallah, and will do another early next year. But in terms of
deep effects? It is really hard to say. The situation is so critical and is
exacerbated on a daily basis by extremists on both sides that it is really
hard to see any progress. Under these circumstances, it is quite remarkable
that there is a sane person left, willing to try bridging the chasm. And I
certainly know such people. A real testimony to the incredible tenacity of
the human spirit.

Harrison

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive