Guidance how to do OS with illiterate people and local communities

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Fri Jun 6 15:02:12 PDT 2003

hello mikk,

been trading emails with john today and think he's just logged off...

some of his previous notes to the list are posted in the OST practice
notes on the bottom half of this page:

http://www.globalchicago.net/ost

look for the "non-readers non-writers" topic and link in the 'hybrid
designs' section.

best of luck, michael herman

Mikk Sarv wrote:

>Can anybody guide me to stories and experiences of doing OS with illiterate
>people and kids?  This topic came across several times during our OS
>facilitator training in Weimar with M.M.Pannwitz. MMP refered to John Engle
>experiences. Are these available via Internet?
>The Polish OS web www.openspace.pl invited the course participants to a
>chatroom tonight and on next Fridays at 7 p.m., to discuss different topics
>about OS and ourselves.
>The chat lasted about 110 minutes.
> "OS for local community development" is another chat discussion, happening
>on Monday, at 7 p.m. of German time.  Everybody, who has passion for this
>topic are welcome! Just get to the overmentioned Polish web address, click
>to chat button and log in.
>Mikk Sarv
>Estonia
>
>*