Res: Re: first message - to Joelle

Artur Ferreira da Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Tue Jun 24 17:47:29 PDT 2003

At 20:11 24-06-2003 -0400, Joelle Lyons Everett wrote:
>It is true that not many of us speak portugese, but some of us would like to
>learn a little.  So, Lucy, I invite you to practice your english, which is
>fine, and also give me a chance to puzzle over your portugese--when I read it
>over a couple of times, I do understand some of it.

Unless you understand a little Spanish it's not easy to understand portuguese

Let's try:

A melhor forma de aprender era revivermos a nossa ideia (com a Lisa e
Laurel) de irmos ao Brasil, só pelas viagens e estadia. Se lá ficássemos 15
dias, já dava para aprender qualquer coisa...

Trnslation:

The best way (for you to) learn, would be to recreate our idea (with Lisa
and Laurel) of going to BRAZIL only for travel and accomodation. Whitin 15
days, you alll would learn a lot of Portuguese...

Regards

Artur

.