Too Little Time

Julie Denny JuliaDenny at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 05:18:55 PDT 2003

I am an Associate Member of the Institute for the Study of Conflict
Transformation, a think tank of Transformative Mediators, and we have a meeting next
Sunday/Monday. They have asked me to facilitate one segment of the meeting in
Open Space. After two days of caring and sharing, we want to decide on Next
Steps for the organization. Fine so far. (I had expressed interest in sharing my
experience facilitating in Open Space and their response was "do it," which is
great.) My real dilemma is that they've given me a total of two hours which
includes the wrap up of the conference. I've explained that this isn't really
enough time, but I also don't want to pass up an opportunity to share with my
colleagues who will love this process because it is complementary to our chosen
model of mediation. I think I know the answer before I start. Just do it and
let it unfold. I just wish we had more time. Any words of wisdom?

Julie Denny
President
Resolutions
People talk...people listen...things change.
<A HREF="http://www.resolutionsforyou.com">http://www.resolutionsforyou.com</A>
14 Troutbeck Crescent               32 West 40th Street - Ste. 3B
Amenia, NY 12501                    New York, NY 10018
TEL: 845-373-7448                   TEL: 212-944-7271
FAX: 845-373-7092                   FAX: 212-944-7271