OS use - looking for similar use history

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Mon Jul 14 22:37:50 PDT 2003

Dear Darcy,

We (my partner and I or when we facilitate separately) use OS as the final form of understanding and planning process very often, when we facilitate Future Search Conference or any other as a final session. it usually works great and when we have a 3-days event as in FSC it is always not more then 2 hours, but as people has a lot of discussions and understanding in previous days, OS form becomes just the natural bridge to planning session.

in such a pressure of time we still do 2 sessions (1/2 hour - opening and posting, 2 sessions of 1/2 hour), so anybody could take part in more sessions - except leaders of the discussion groups - as they still have to prepare themselves or organize making the report, but the possibilities for other are increased and the lack of time is stimulating on making plans and next meetings - but the stakeholders groups are organized and people could see who is interested and so on, which they could share still on a closing session (1/2 hour)

look like very quick but with even non-experienced people it works for self-organizing
best wishes
elena marchuk
novosibirsk
russia