fun experimenting with wiki

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Jul 10 15:03:05 PDT 2003

btw, i got curious today and went on a little search, because i find the
terms 'practitioner' and 'practice' very helpful...

so today i find that in the oslist archives, the word practitioner shows
up as far back as the very first archived post.... march 1998... and
from the frequency and use after that, i am sure that it was in common
use long before then.

the chicago osonos announced in august 1998 was the first osonos to be
called a practitioner conference, so called to alert potential attendees
that this would be something other than training.

the original openspaceworld site had a bulletin board section that had a
forum called 'practitioner directory.'  this space and label,
established in july of 1999, was ported over to the new site late last year.

so this is some of the history of this word in our circles.  it seems a
little late to mess with it.

mh

--

Michael Herman