fun experimenting with wiki

John Engle john at theexperiment.info
Thu Jul 10 14:33:26 PDT 2003

hi friends and colleagues.

just thought i'd share some photos that i put on wiki.
this past monday afternoon a number of us organized to
have several computers available at a cybercafe and we
did a little orientation on... wiki of all things.

so, these are practitioners of open space here in
haiti preparing to use wiki.

click here:

http://www.openspaceworld.org/network/wiki.cgi?HaitiWiki

birgitt, my english speaking colleagues and i use the
word practitioner here in haiti when speaking in
english. in creole and french we have various words.
seems to me that the "given" we're dealing with
regarding vocabulary - or at least what i would
propose - is that individual and regional choices are
respected with regard to vocabulary. how could it be
any other way?

we invest substantial time and energy here in haiti
toward standardizing language to describe aspects of
our work. wouldn't it be strange if after all this
local dialogue, someone here in our group said, "we
can't use that word because the international
community has not agreed upon it."

i think you would agree that this goes against what we
are working toward in open space.

...my two cents. :)

i'm enjoying reading the exchanges and contributing on
wiki.

john

=====
Website: http://theexperiment.info
Sitentenet : http://eksperyansla.info
Site : http://Lexperience.info

s'inscrire dans un groupe qui pratique le Forum ouvert et 'Wonn refleksyon'
reseauforumouvert-subscribe at yahoogroupes.fr