everything WE know about ost...

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Jul 6 13:30:02 PDT 2003

Hi Peggy,
right, I never have met Murli, either, other than a few exchanges per
email.
He does exist, I am sure. He is part of our common history. He should
come to Denmark.
If you happen to read this, Murli, come and join us in Denmark.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 13:20:18 -0700, Peggy Holman wrote:

>I'm catching up on a few weeks list reading and ran across Michael's story
>of the beginnings of open space on the Internet.
>
>I'll add one obscure, but important item to the the beginnings.
>
>In 1996, we announced the start of the Open Space Institutes (Canada and the
>US both early entries thanks to a cross-the-country trip by Harrison,
>bringing the idea with him as he traveled west from Toronto to Seattle.  (My
>memory is a bit fuzzy on this -- but I think Australia followed shortly
>thereafter.)
>
>Early on, an e-mail announcement went out to the small electronic list we
>had at the time.  It was, after all, still quite early in the adoption of
>these technologies that are so integral to our community today.  One person,
>who remains totally present and absolutely invisible, Murli Nagasundaram,
>whom I have still never met in person, was moved to do two things:
>
>1.  He set up this OSlist, now in its 7th!! year; and
>2.  He created our first web page.  It was a simple placeholder but it was
>the first.
>
>The web page is long gone, but Murli, via Boise State University is still
>our listserv host.
>
>*******************************
>and to the question about Open Space Institute as an NGO:
>"and yes, whatever did happen to that little initiative?"
>
>My recollection is that it met with that essential apsect of open space:
>action happens where there is passion and a willingness to take
>responsibility.  The idea was discussed, we even had someone with experience
>in doing the paperwork.  There simply wasn't interest once OSonOS ended.
>The double rainbow and calling ourselves worldwide was enough.
>

>Greetings from Seattle, where hummingbirds' wings sparkle in the sunlight,
>Peggy

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.