Fw: Origins of OSonOSinGOA - An Invitation

Alan Stewart alan.stewart at senet.com.au
Thu Jul 24 15:58:51 PDT 2003

(resent after the break for a breather)

G'day All

Seeing as the decision to Go to Goa for the 12th OSonOS is likely to be confirmed at the great assembly in Bramstrup next month  you may wish to know how this wondrous gift emerged. At least this is my recall of how it happened.

The germ of the idea arose in a conversation between Janet Pinto and me just before dinner one night during OSonOSinOZ (10th) at Marysville. In this, our first encounter, I asked Janet how long she had been associated with OST. And when she replied 'Since the 1980s' I enquired 'Were you in Goa when Harrison and Anne Stadler first went there?'

Janet responded 'No, it was a couple of years later, but now that I think about it, it seems to me that there is a great opportunity to have another gathering there.'

In the next day or two Janet reportedly spoke to others about the idea and an 'in principle' agreement to proceed was expressed in the closing circle. As she subsequently noted in her lovely joint invitation with Malay Biswas on our list (10 July, 2003):

"Malay and I have been reliving a moment at the OSonOSinOZ when we stood in a Circle with Harrison and Peggy and knew in our hearts that the 12th OSonOS the event would come full circle in Goa in 2004. And we said 'Yes'".

Janet has related that 'what was also coincidental was that I am a native of Goa, and Malay belongs to the Taj Group of Hotels that originally hosted the Open Space event, those many years ago!  Like we say -- it all seems to be coming full Circle!'

How's that for a nice example of what emerges from conversing, of what can happen when people come together to treat each other well?

With love

Alan

Adelaide