Please join us...

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Wed Jul 9 09:08:19 PDT 2003

...a call for online leadership in an expanding online community of
practitioners:

There a have been OSLIST rumblings about this for some time now, but
finally the time has come to formally invite you to please join us at
http://www.openspaceworld.NET -- an entirely new web address, to be
developed as a peer to the existing .ORG and .COM sites.

This new site is a wide open "wiki" website -- a project and posting
space for OST practitioners worldwide. "Wiki" is a hawaiian way to say
"quick."  Its use is quick AND easy -- like one big online Open Space --
an electronic combination of marketplace wall and ongoing proceedings
document.

Like Open Space Technology itself, the many potential benefits and uses
of http://www.openspaceworld.NET will only be realized as we use it
together.  And like swimming, we will only really learn it by 'jumping
in' and doing it.   Please join us!

Here's what we might do there:

    * convene a practitioner's work group to develop a specific OST resource
    * collect some specific kind of OST stories, education, healthcare, etc.
    * post the the invitation and discussion topics from a community
    event you hold, so that it can be replicated and extended elsewhere
    in the world
    * invite your participants in such gatherings to post their notes,
    eliminating the need for photocopying and group 'reply-to-all' sorts
    of emailings
    * post the notes from training workshops you are holding
    * invite your participants to continue to manage and document their
    community followup projects online... thus offering them an
    immediate, free, accessible, showcase and functionally open space
    website for their work.
    * add your name to the list of "SpaceHolders" which means that you
    will help keep the place tidy (visit every now and then) and also
    will be recognized at the site as a leader in the open space
    community worldwide
    * send prospective clients there to see the showcase and notice that
    you are an active member of this worldwide practice.

Our collective http://www.openspaceworld.NET wiki website opens many new
possibilities, the list above being only the beginning of what might
grow up there.  As we get started, we must be patient with ourselves as
we learn our way into this.  Some of us must also be active and
responsible there, or nothing will happen there.  There is no Plan B.
<grin>

PLEASE JOIN US... in a working group that will begin posting and
learning there, and in the process, will give the space shape for others
to come and work and learn together.  So far, the
http://www.openspaceworld.NET wiki website is brought to you by Open
Space Institute (USA) and a lot of time, energy and love by Michael
Herman (John wrote that part).

We believe it has the potential of helping all of us to expand our
practice in Open Space. We also believe that it is going to foster
shared learning among all who become involved.

Click http://www.openspaceworld.NET and then click all around the new
site, and see if this is something you would like to play and grow
together.  It's all very new and emerging.  We need your help to give it
shape and direction.  We are eager for you to join us in this collective
online experiment!

It's time to jump in!  Please join us!

Open Space Institute, USA
http://www.openspaceworld.NET

Michael Herman, John Engle, Chris Corrigan, co-facilitators

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

http://www.michaelherman.com - consulting & publications