story and question : planning/elections

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Tue Jul 29 09:57:21 PDT 2003

Avner Haramati schrieb:

> And the question:We (with Tova) are in a process of using OS in the
> context of inhabitants participation in building a "Master- Plan" for
> a small city.  We would be very thankful to hear and learn about your
> experience in this kind of work, especially on the allignment with the
> city planners and the planning stages, and how coming elections
> effects it?

dear avner, dear tova
in preparing the local elections the passed month of may
in the the province of almeria /andalucia/southern spain
one of the parties in opposition that time (»the independants«)
sponsored an open-space which I had been facilitating in april.

following the elections that party went in coalition
with two other former oposition-parties to relieve
the former government.
within the new crew my friends are running the department
of regional- and city-planning.
they told me to continue in using open-space as a new manner
for soluting the problems in that region. I´m staying just now in
berlin.
when I`ll be back in spain in autumn we´ll go again in cooperation.
my hope is that they are still courageous enough after having
got the power of government.

a hug for you tova
and a hug for you avner
florian