AW: How explain/demonstrate OS to Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, etc.?

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Mon Jan 13 11:11:23 PST 2003

Doug --

Your situation:
"I will have 15-20 minutes to make my presentation."

I like the answer of  L i s a   H e f t:

"The idea in any presentation, I feel, is to evoke the feeling or
understanding *within* each participant / audience member, rather than
to deliver information to them.

Storytelling and visualization do indeed evoke this.  ..."

As Visual Facilitators we sit in meetings of all kind all the time and draw
pictures of content and process simultaneously. Afterwards we rather often
are asked by people, who did not attend the meeting,  to give them a quick
overview. It normally takes about 5 to 10 minutes to fly through a meeting
of several hours, no matter how complicated or complex, and give people a
satisfying impression both of method and content. Then there is time for
questions, and if necessary we answer these questions with some more quick
drawings.

Pictures transport impressions and new insights in almost no time. They can
make your listeners and watchers curious. And I always feel that spontaneous
drawings fit with OST very much.

Maybe the real practitioners of OST will throw up their hands in horror, but
I would always dare to go into the Lions cage and give people an impression
of Open Space in 10 minutes - using our pictures as interpreters. You will
find some pictures in the "OPEN SPACE Technology User's NON-Guide" (see
homepage of Michael Herman), or in our homepage.

What do you think about it?

Reinhard

VISUELLE PROTOKOLLE
Kuchenmueller & Dr.Stifel