OPEN SPACE Facilitator Training PERTH

BrendanMcKeague mckeague at iprimus.com.au
Fri Jan 17 20:41:18 PST 2003

G'day folks

news of my first venture into Open Space Facilitator Training - thanks to
Birgitt, Michael H, Harrison, Lisa, Julianne and many others for
contributing to my preparation...

peace to all
Brendan

OPEN SPACE TECHNOLOGY LEARNING WORKSHOP
Wollaston Conference Centre
Perth, WA

APRIL 9-11, 2003

Becoming a Facilitator of Open Space Technology

Open Space Technology is a simple approach to better, more productive
meetings in which groups as small as five and as large as hundreds of
people (business or community) quickly self-organise to deal effectively
with complex issues in a very short time.

The Invitation
If you have heard of, or participated in, Open Space Technology and wish to
become a facilitator, then you are invited to join us in this interactive
workshop during which our experiences of Open Space will provide the basis
for our learning.

The Learning

         Part I : after this 2.5 day workshop you will know:
    * when to use Open Space and when not to;
    * how to prepare for the event and for the follow-up momentum;
    * how to make all the necessary logistical arrangements;
    * how to open and hold the space;
    * how to prepare yourself for the service you will render;
    * what to do when chaos emerges.
         After completing Part I you will be ready to 'open space' in your
own organisation or with other groups

         Parts II & III: these modules will take place in October 2003 when
Open Space facilitators from countries in the Asia Pacific region    will
gather 'somewhere' in Australia to participate in a workshop led by
Harrision Owen
         (http://www.openspaceworld.com/the_program.htm ).
         Participants will have facilitated a number of Open Space meetings
and will journey deeper into the worldwide Open Space story.

The Venue
Wollaston Conference and Retreat Centre, Mt Claremont is located alongside
native bushland with scenic views overlooking the Indian ocean and only a
few minutes walk from beautiful beaches. This venue, fifteen minutes drive
from the centre of Perth, provides participants with the opportunity to
travel daily or to stop over in comfortable, peaceful and economical
accommodation (a limited number of rooms are available)

Part I of this Program is a hands-on workshop for people who wish to
convene or to facilitate an Open Space meeting. The workshop is an
opportunity for deep learning ABOUT Open Space, IN Open Space and AS the
facilitator/sponsor of Open Space.
You will spend 2.5 days developing a theme for an Open Space meeting,
preparing for and experiencing the event, and learning how to prepare
sponsors or clients within organizations or communities for Open Space. You
will also explore ways of supporting sponsors to follow up on the momentum
and actions that come out of Open Space meetings. You will also be invited
to join a local practice group to support you in your ongoing growth as a
facilitator of Open Space.

Prior to attending participants are expected to have read Harrison Owen's
book:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576750248/qid=1023703540/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/002-9045730-1238454>Open
Space Technology: A User's Guide and/or
<http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2RU8PAG5N3&isbn=1576750159>Expanding
Our Now  (see what Amazon says about these); these may be ordered through
your local bookshop. Other relevant books by Harrison Owen, published by
Berrett-Koehler and available through most bookstores and online
booksellers are:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576750906/ref=pd_sim_books_1/002-9045730-1238454>The
Power of
Spirit  and
<http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2RU8PAG5N3&isbn=1576750566>The
Spirit of Leadership.

For more information on Open Space, check out these websites:

<http://www.openspaceworld.org/english/index.html>www.openspaceworld.org/english/index.html

  www.openspaceworld.com
www.openspacetechnology.com

The Facilitator:  Brendan McKeague, an experienced practitioner of Open
Space in Australia, will facilitate Part I of the Program. Brendan has
trained in Open Space with Birgitt Willians and Michael Herman and is a
member of the Open Space Institute of Australia and the international
training network for Open Space Technology
(<http://www.openspaceworld.com/the%20Colleagues.htm>www.openspaceworld.com/the%20Colleagues.htm)

  DATES: WEDNESDAY APRIL 9th     5.30 - 9.00pm
                 THURSDAY APRIL 10th             9.00am - 5.00pm
                 FRIDAY APRIL 11         9.00am - 4.30pm

VENUE   WOLLASTON CONFERENCE CENTRE, MT CLAREMONT, WESTERN AUSTRALIA

COST            Corporate               $660 (includes 10% GST) Early
Bird  $560 before March 7
                 Community/Student       $460 (includes 10% GST) Early
Bird  $360 before March 7

Registration fee includes dinner Wednesday and Thursday evenings, lunch
Thursday and Friday, morning and afternoon teas,
a comprehensive conference Workbook and....a life-time of Open Space
coaching by practitioners around the world
24 hours a day, seven days a week....for as long as you wish.

For Further information about the Program, about Open Space or about the
residential option at Wollaston ($100 for the two nights),
please contact:

Brendan McKeague

Email:  mckeague at iprimus.com.au
or      (08) 9244 8090