Help with Democratic Party

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 07:00:53 PST 2003

Dear Alan Silverman

Ah, if only it was a matter of a few chosen words.  Alas, we are not
Gondorfs.   Nor do I sense the Democratic Party is capable of
internal reform with or without our able assistance.  After all, it
is an integral part of the old tired politics of turn off, drop out.

Maybe it would be simplier, smarter and more effective if we all left
the Democratic Party and joined Ralph Nader.  After all, it would be
in the spirit of the law of two feet.  And his party should be more
open to bottom-up participation.

As a life long democratic who worked for Kennedy and McGovern, we use
to talk about the need for a  realignment between the two parties.
Now that so much of the scenery has moved to the right, a new party
is beginning to make sense.

I recall John L. Lewis's immortal words : "a plague on both your houses."

Regards

Kerry Napuk