Priorization in short time

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Wed Feb 26 10:54:32 PST 2003

hello thomas,

what if you reopened the space for...

'who will convene follow up meetings to continue the conversations started
here?'  ...or...
'what followup meetings are you willing to convene in order to continue what
has been started here?'
'...in the next ___ weeks...'
'...using regular office conference rooms x, y, z...'   (that could be block
scheduled ahead of time)

...something like that, anyway, and ask them to propose topic, time, place and
add their name.  have them post the sessions, and then have signups for show of
support.  take no time to meet at all on these in this meeting, just to get the
next weeks' agenda set up.  compile that list and distribute by email, with
request to post proceedings back to same place as orginal meeting notes would
reside.

this sort of thing might take only 15 or 20 minutes if there was some
prewarning, and it's such an action-oriented thing that it's the kind of thing
that might not stir much ire if the meeting ran a bit overtime because there
was so much ongoing responsibility being taken up.

my two cents.  m

Thomas Herrmann wrote:

> Dear friends in Open Space
> I have an upcoming Open Space conference with 250 persons for a not full day
> (8.30-15.00). I am working with management to get another day further down
> the line to continue but that might not succeed. I don´t want to spend much
> time on convergence if we only get this day. The theme is to be worked out
> in a premeeting with the 20 or so managers, next week. I suspect that they
> want quite some space in the theme why I hope to get more time.
>
> I am thinking of trying to schedule two 1,15 hours timeslots and one
> one-hour timeslot for sessions. We will need an hour for lunch and I hope we
> can make the introduction and agendasetting in 45 mts. That leaves 1,15
> hours for closing. Has anyone a suggestion for some kind of priorization
> that is really fast, just to get a picture on what the hot topics are right
> now. Sometimes, in one day OST´s I do this only out of the names of the
> topics, without giving the chance to read. I would like to give everyone a
> chance to talk in the closing so how will we manage that?
> Any suggestions appreciated
> Best regards
> Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
> Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
> Pensévägen 4
> 434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
> Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
> www.openspaceconsulting.com

> Open Space Consulting bistår dig som vill
> skapa en välmående och effektiv organisation.
>
> Det gör vi genom att:
> * Erbjuda diagnoser för organisatorisk hälsa och balans.
> * Ge stöd i förändrings- och utvecklingsprocesser.
> * Handleda kreativa möten och konferenser.
> * Utbilda mötes- och processhandledare.
>
> "Inspirerade medarbetare, det skulle väl smaka?
>  Tänk - kaffepausens energi ständigt spraka!"
> Visit:

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Avenue #1105