A request

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Feb 21 20:55:11 PST 2003

Denis--

Hitchhiking on Lisa's practical suggestions--I have found that it works quite
well to have someone hand a report form, paper, copy of principles or
whatever to each convenor.  When the convenor hands back the microphone, hand
them the report form.

It's also helpful to ask participants to bring a notebook and pen--then at
least someone in the group will be ready for taking notes.

It's my experience as well that the session-posting time does not increase
much with a larger group.  I think that the major topics are covered before
everyone has spoken. It does seem to take a bit longer for people to check
the offerings and find their first group.

In your personal preparation, give a little thought to the collective energy
that will be generated by large group--it can be awesome.  You will want to
be well-grounded to hold a space for that large energy.  Your non-anxious
presence will be more important than any piece of mechanics that you work out!

Even with a smaller group, I often find that I have left out something I
intended to say.  If it is important, it will come up and can be taken care
of.  If it is not important, I will forget about it.  I think the meeting
will be great, and you and Alan will have a lot of fun.  And many more of us
will be rooting for you from far away!

Joelle Everett
Shelton, Washington USA