Going deeper, taking deeper

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Feb 20 19:59:41 PST 2003

hi doug, about a year after i first started facilitating open space, my
grandma was in the hospital for a few weeks.  then again a year later when she
died.  i've written the story, which i know you've seen, about my time with
her in her last week.  in those early open spaces, i used to take on with my
groups in open space the same shape of caring, respect, love, attention, etc
that i was with her in those later years.  since then there are other images
and shapes.  sunny blue sky, midnight, mid-air.  some of the really big spaces
i've noticed in my life and been able to feel in my tissues.  sometimes unable
to ignore in my tissues!  anyway, these are the shapes that i have learned to
associate with space and it's these spaces that i approximate with my being
when i step into the circle... or pick up the phone! <grin> m

"Douglas D. Germann, Sr." wrote:

> Michael--
>
> I wondered about using those words, going and taking, but I was tired and
> unable to think of others at the time, so whatever words show up are the
> right words.... <grin>
>
> Still, I have seen you a couple of times, and you seem to have a way of
> engendering or shaping the awareness of which you speak, in others. What is
> it, how do you do it, what do you tell yourself? What questions should I be
> asking?
>
> I am struck that you have described a process of respiration....
>
>                               :-Doug. Germann

> Visit:

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates