space-holding needed today, tomorrow and Sunday - wherever you are

Ted Ernst ted at chicagohumanist.org
Sun Feb 16 19:12:21 PST 2003

New York was quite an experience.  Here's a URL with some stories from 3rd
Ave.  That's where I was as well.
http://nyc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=47319
I seem to have been further north from teh people taht describe the police
violence, but all the rest of it is familiar.  The permit was for a 1st Ave
rally, but I never got closer than 3rd Ave.  The (illegal) march up 3rd
wasn't nearly as festive as the Jan 18th march in Washington DC, I believe
because we were all focused on the "goal" of getting over to 1st Ave
eventually.  We did have a wonderful time on the bus both going and coming,
with lots of new friendships and lots of new plans to make future actions at
home.  Thanks all for your space-holding this weekend.  Sounds like people
all over the world were doing the same.  The land of the free is the only
place with such police trouble, so not so free after all.

peace,
ted
___
Humanize the Earth! http://www.chicagohumanist.org http://www.tedernst.com