Are We There Yet - long

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 16:36:00 PST 2003

Robert--

Thanks for your comments on the discussion in Marysville, and your
reflections on Firefighting as an organization that is responsive to the real
world and its changing needs.

We live in forest country, and my husband has been a forest firefighter, so I
have a more-than-casual interest in your comments.  Fires of 2 million acres,
without deaths and with very minor damage, speaks to the ability to set
priorities and quickly move resources to where they are needed.  I remember
that on the last night of the conference, you spoke quietly of the ability of
the forest service to protect people in case of fire.  It seems that promise
has been kept in some very difficult conditions!

Thanks for sharing this great story about the true value of organizational
effectiveness!

Joelle Everett