Help! Client's Three Week Worries

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 11 18:22:16 PST 2003

Hi all--

I was away and used another person's computer and a different mail program,
so I think perhaps my responses did not get posted to the list. Sorry!

Here is the first one I have found, although there were others if my memory
is serving me well....

                              :-Doug.

PS: Another reply to Michael raised the question about whether I had really
given the sponsors a (probably quite reasonable) reason to question my
sanity--I had suggested that I ask people to post for all three days at the
opening session.

If I did not do this, then people would not feel they are being bumped from
Day One to Day Two, or worse, Day Three.

So, does anybody have any feel for whether I am right now, in just saying,
on Day One we will post Day One sessions only?

                              :-Doug.

----Forwarded Message(s)----

Joelle--

Thank you! Thank you!

You are wonderful at giving me courage to keep going,
even if they don't have the trust.

I have thought that I will sit with them and see what
their concerns are. Then talk about combining
sessions, etc.

In addition, then I can talk to them about a continuum
running from controlled meetings on one side to open
near the middle to chaos to anarchy on the other. Then
explain that the more you move to command and control,
the less people will be able to create new answers and
new futures. The control end is in nature
paternalistic, saying we don't trust you, we can do it
better for you.

The people will not blame you if nothing gets done,
because nothing usually does get done. But you will
blame you, because so much more was possible.

Maybe that is a little too hard on them, but then it
might be necessary.

Does this make any sense?

=====