Short OS on Diversity with university students

Esther . EwingChange at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 16:38:52 PST 2003

Lisa:

You wrote:
Were you worried about so short a time?

Well, Lisa, given that they had only planned 7-9pm and I got them up to three
hours and then gave them a copy of Chris' recent posting about the 2.5 day
version so that they could understand the value that could be harvested, I
think we did pretty well.

I also realize (as do they) that this is only the beginning of their journey
so I have patience.

I applaud their courage for being open to exploring all of this in the first
place. They could have said, "This is not our issue" or "We don't have time
right now to address this" so I am very proud of them.

And one of their "aha's" from the meeting was how much easier it was for
diffident students to speak up in smaller groups. So I believe that perhaps
in Orientation week in the fall, they may do a larger OST. Who knows?

But as you know very well, Lisa, you have to start where the client is, not
where you want them to be.

Regards
Esther

Esther Ewing
The Change Alliance - Assisting Individuals and Organizations to Build
Capability
<A HREF="www.ChangeAlliance.com">www.ChangeAlliance.com</A>
330 East 38th St, Suite 53K
New York, NY 10016-9804
212-661-6024

Authorized Distributor, Panoramic Feedback
<A HREF="www.PanoramicFeedback.com">www.panoramicfeedback.com</A>