1. Anecdote 2. Request

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Thu Feb 6 14:50:41 PST 2003

Ralph:

I have not led a "workshop" for 5 or less where I was helping them learn
the "technology" and "spirit" of OST.  8 works, from my experience.  I
have coached a number of individuals in Opening Space -- some who have
taken workshops, and some who have not.  I agree with Chris that having
read Harrison's book is critical.  I coached a team of two, who had read
the book, by telephone with regard to an opening that they had planned.
I think with one or two the best learning is if they are planning to do
an OS in the near future and work with them on that event, coaching as
to preparing the sponsor, the event itself and "convergence" and what
happens after.

An open space with 5 can work, with two rounds and limited time frames.
Most small groups, unless they have a common passionate theme, don't
have the collective energy to go beyond that with the "technology" from
my experience.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation