First Day of Three Wednesdays

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Feb 19 20:18:37 PST 2003

Hi to all and especially all of you who have been helping me with this--

Today, February 19, 2003, we held the first 3-hour
session of this 3-Wednesday meeting. Our aim is to
Influence and Improve Senior Healthcare & Well-Being
in our community.

Approximately 37 people took part in our meeting.
They posted 10 topics for discussion in two-50 minute
breakout sessions.

One of the hosts reported that there was one senior
who attended their session who said only one sentence
in the whole session, and that about midway through.
"How can we get our families to care?" she asked. The
tenor of the conversation changed and deepened from
there.

Another host reported a similar happening in her
session.

Two groups reported an intention to create an
on-going group of some sort to address some of the
issues they studied.

One group extended their meeting to take up two
sessions.

The topics and the reports of the hosts are at
http://www.FootprintsintheWind.com (click "Discussion
Forums", then scroll down to the "Influencing Senior
Healthcare & Well-Being" forum).

All in all, a good day. I am bleary-eyed.

                              :-Doug. Germann