Bumblebee quotations

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 22:02:31 PST 2003

Friends--

Reading my e-mail, I went from the OSList to a newsletter published by my
friend Jan Phillips, a gifted photographer, writer and teacher.  I was struck
by several quotations in this issue that seemed relevant to the crazy art of
working with groups.  So I thought I would be a bumblebee, bringing a few of
her quotes  back to this forum:

It is only by risking our persons from one hour to another that we live at

all. And often enough our faith beforehand in an uncertified result is the

only thing that makes the result come true.

William James, The Will to Believe

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our

thoughts we create the world. The Buddha: The Dhammapada

The artists are on the opposite side of whatever may lead to destruction,

and once they set themselves steadily to fulfill their mission, all systems

of politics and social order are in some degree of jeopardy. Harold Taylor,

Art and the Future

I know artists whose medium is life itself, and who express the

inexpressible without brush, pencil, chisel or guitar. They neither paint

nor dance. Their medium is Being. Whatever their hand touches has increased

life they are artists of being alive. Frederick Franck

Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does.

Epictetus

Namaste,

Joelle