Kathie Dannemiller's passing

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 03:44:10 PST 2003

Whilst browsing I pasted this in case it helps remind us -
Source is around about
http://www.behavior.net/cgi-bin/nph-display.cgi?config=wholescale
<http://www.behavior.net/cgi-bin/nph-display.cgi?config=wholescale&uid=n
C1M8.user&MessageID=8&new=0> &uid=nC1M8.user&MessageID=8&new=0

Whole-scale change dialogue
Kathleen Dannemiller . 11/14/97 at 5:44 PM ET
Thank you for inviting me to be here. You can learn more about me from
other parts of this site, but I wanted to pose a question for all/any of
you to answer. We began doing whole-scale change processes in l98l with
leadership from Ford Motor Company. We continued with what we had
uncovered/discovered with Boeing with Marriott Hotels, Resorts and
Suite, with Corning Glass and with many defense industry clients (after
the Wall came down and there was a danger of peace (!)
We at our company have learned a lot over the past years and we know
that these processes are robust ways to help organizations become whole
in order to bring about the rapid change needed. We have recently (past
five years) realized how important these processes can be in the old
Third World countries...India, South Africa. etc., to get their
companies moving quickly to respond to global opportunities. Probably
the most important thing the people in India taught me is that an Indian
national, at any level from top to bottom of a organization, tends to
see the world through a systems window -- they don't think in the old
industrial model.
My question to any of you is this: Where have you found systems thinking
as a worldview/ It really excited me to think of untapped possibilities
for quick change. Any answers? Thanks...Kathie
Rhythm: the system of time
Jim Anderson . 11/14/97 at 9:09 PM ET
As a drummer and a psychotherapist, I have found that the system of
music functions at a systemic level of unconscious flow that transcends
literary logic. I do workshops utilizing rhythm and drumming as a way to
bring corporations together. Through my work as a musician I have
discovered that sometimes the greatest systemic train of thought is the
non-thought of foreward motion we feel in the world of music. Go out
side and listen to the universe (uni - one & verse - song) Go figure!