mother list

Judi Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Sat Dec 6 17:47:01 PST 2003

mother listDaniel --

I appreciate your stories and took them with me this afternoon -- the Art of
Cooking into the Art of Living!  Smiling as each moment has in it the seeds
of mother culture -- a new story.

Appreciating.... valuing.... most of today has been spent on my own. I
bought some groceries at a store I rarely inhabit.  In the midst of holiday
shoppers, I opened space for a glorious conversation with a young "Michael"
who checked out my order -- he wants to do a B.Ed and then go to Medical
School, has been studying the classics like one of my sons, will maybe try
an education program at a local University -- I can't believe how much I
know of this young man and his dreams just by buying groceries -- I wish
that every penny I spent today takes him further along the road to his
dreams.  He shared how he was enjoying having traditional stereotypes
tested.  He has been working as a stocking clerk and found himself on the
checkout lane.  He was surprised at how much "the girls" had to remember and
troubleshoot in each moment and was expressing his gratitude to Becky in the
lane next to him who assisted him 3 times with just my order. I am rarely
alone and relished the time.

  I noticed the sound of a chicken breast sizzling on the grill -- just one
chicken breast.  I sat and ate and watched the Christmas lights on the tree
out front blend in with the lights on the tree across the street -- one of
my sons put them out this year to match a tree across the street.  I heard
my breathing, and danced with the clock's ticking. I had a conversation with
the lights that twinkled off the bird feeder blowing in the wind outside the
window -- listening to how simple and joyful life is. I noticed the
exquisite curve of the kitchen faucet, how it loves to be rubbed and
shined -- I'm sure it smiled.

It is a brisk, cold night and I'm now going to bundle up and my canine
friend, Lucas, and I are going to go for a walk -- I am grateful to live in
a place where we can walk after dark.  Quite a contrast from our walk this
morning along the ocean listening in the wind to the planetary Elders.  My
wish for all on the list is for joyfilled stories.

with love,
Judi Richardson

www.ponoconsultants.com
www.emergentfeminine.com