mother list

Judi Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Thu Dec 4 12:22:23 PST 2003

mother listChris, Tova, Ashley and others.

Many thanks for the deep contemplation and challenging languaging.  In watching the posts over the last week or two it is evident that a few feel at a crossroads -- and only individuals can know if that is personal or community.  This list, for me, is organic, it becomes what I need it to be over and over.

I, too, experience this community as a source of professional and personal challenge -- expanding my capacity.  It can be an "energy leak" if I choose for it to be.  When I'm on the road, reading the postings can be like finding old friends.  Sometimes I long to have the time to write an observation of work with a group while I'm already on my way to another group.  Those postings that challenge me I can choose to respond to or not.  I appreciate the many stories started and expanded on this list and often wonder how they are spinning.  For some of us this may be one of the few places we tell a different story -- perhaps from our original voice.  I see expansion of stories here and, in my experience, stagnation occurs when we tell the same story of limits over and over -- like continually placing our hands on a hot stove, or spend all our time teaching each others our complaints.

I think someone mentioned there are over 4,000 people on this list -- seems to me we will all make it what we choose for it to be.  I see an OST event like a cosmic mirror -- the participants, if they are open to it, can see habitual patterns, see how they affect others in their organizations.  It is like a Time Out Of Time (TOOT) -- a reflective tool, out of our natural reactions we can choose to respond.  The quality of "beginner's mind" that offers when someone new comes to the list never ceases to amaze me, as well as the quality of our disagreements! <grin>

ciao
Judi Richardson

www.ponoconsultants.com
www.emergentfeminine.com