Building peace education in Haiti using Open Space

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Wed Dec 3 20:34:17 PST 2003

Dear Fremy
Thanks for the invitation, but it's a long way to come from Melbourne,
Australia.
Your theme is so relevant in so many other places, not just in Haiti.
The World Bank people I was working in Open Space with in Bali,
Indonesia last July saw Education and Job Creation as the two elements
most needed if we are to help nations grow and prosper, even though the
World Bank HQ in Washington reckons that Bribery and Corruption and
Human Rights are the major matters.  Those I worked with saw Bribery and
Corruption and Human Rights as symptoms of what is happening - and they
figured that Education and Job Creation are factors which will change
those symptoms.  Their concern was that simply addressing symptoms
doesn't really change the causes of the diseases that are present.
Seems pretty right to my way of thinking.
Good luck with the program, of course.
Cheers and blessings,    BRIAN.

--
Fr Brian S. Bainbridge