NEW SOLSTICE MYTHS

Peter or Esther PeterEsther at charter.net
Thu Dec 25 08:50:27 PST 2003

Dear OS listers

Last evening, Christmas eve in the US, we went to what was supposed to
be an alternative spiritual celebration. Instead old Christian myths
were perpetuated with mostly old Christian songs, readings etc. These
old myths are becoming tiresome and boring to us and no longer hold our
attention although, of course, everyone knew the words and the stories.

Does anyone else feel such alienation from old religious myths? Are we
arrogant? We looked at each other and wondered what an OS celebration of
the Solstice (Christmas, Hanukah, etc.) might be like -- could be like.

Has anyone ever done an OS Solstice celebration? Does anyone have any
thoughts anew about doing an OS to create exciting, new, more widely
useful new myths and celebrations?

If and when you respond, please say if you DO NOT want your response
included in a compilation of responses that we will prepare if
appropriate and share with the list and hopefully use ourselves.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

With love and warm blessings to all of you heart people out there (that
is everyone!).
Love,
Peter & Esther Fisher
Sacred Circles & Center for Being