FW: mother list / new or now

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Sun Dec 7 02:14:37 PST 2003

Am 04.12.2003 15:53 Uhr schrieb "chris weaver" unter
<chris at springbranch.net>:

>> ...to me the list is a river rather than a road.  A river has its own life,
>> and a powerful river is beyond any human efforts at engineering.  Yet a river
>> is supremely receptive.  As Sheila Chandra sings, "the Ocean refuses no river
>> -"  and the river does not refuse its tributaries...the tributaries are
>> received...and then the opposite pattern unfurls, as the river divides into a
>> delta, with separate, more-focused streams spinning out their own
>> fractals...?

.dear all,
I´ve spent wonderfull two hours to refollow this discussion
I like the metaphor  of the river and I like the idea of understanding
the socalled dissonance in music by adding more voices.

please let me add a tributary to the long river of this discussion:

after all I would like to change only  one letter in one of the most used
words
in this discussion: it is the word »NEW« which I want to change to the word
»NOW«.
harrisons booktitle »expanding the now« let me deepen the insight and my
experience
that there is never something new which isn`t already growing in the flow
just now.
in my practice of facilitating change  I try to avoid intention in favor of
extension,
I try to avoid moving ahead in favor of staying and listening, I try to slow
down change
in favor of getting aware that change took already place, I try to avoid
looking forward
in favor of looking down to the tiny distance between the just passed step
and the
not yet done but unevitably coming next step (which is not the future but
the following now).
thinking about new ideas, about a new world, about new stories, about new
methods
pulls me away from the NOW which is the only existing space to serve in.

florian fischer
begleitung im wandel
d 10779 berlin, muenchener 6
fon 0049.30. 2116752