picnics and merry gossip

lebelland lebelland at paradise.net.nz
Fri Dec 5 20:46:38 PST 2003

Precious People.
Since I met Helen Patterson and was  introduced  to OST,  I have been thinking about it and it's various forms, or at least as many of them that I can keep up with.   I have been part of this ListServe for a year I think.
Each and everyday I read pretty much everything that comes through onto my screen.    I very very seldom delete something before entering into the content.  Each thought, each key stroke is a signal, a message.    These stories, threads and culture are a wonderful phenomena.
I read, I look, I breath,  I am engaged,  enthralled and excited.
I talk about it and call this sharing what I'm interested in.
Is there more?

Perhaps!
Perhaps there is something about Outcomes that are like attachments and little holding on moments? Are outcomes like significance?
People want them, so what.
People want Peace too and do not always create the environment  for Peace to grow.  The image of 'sourdough culture' and 'mother culture' is a story wherein the environment for growth and expansion must be appropriate and integrated.  The bakers and cheese makers, beer makers and wine, sauerkraut, pickled onions and miso makers knew this..they knew it was in the wooden tools they used, in the tubs,  under the floorboards, in their sweat and spittle.
We are not separate from our stories.
The idea that we are or can be is simply a degree of leave-taking, division, distraction, partition, disconnection and splitting up.  Responsibility is here somewhere.  Ultimately we reintegrate, we migrate and we become our story.
And like so,  manifestation is perfectly aligned with what is available and sustainable.
Outcomes are potentials and possibly also  "picnics and merry gossip" ( attrib to Herman Aihara)

I created a meaning called Food Stories.  This because I am what people call a chef/a cook and now a foodie( a fanatic) and I came to believe that we all have a Food Story.  It began in the womb, it began with our ancestors. We are already Outcomes.

Daniel LeBel
InterSpace
Westport.NZ

lebelland at paradise.net.nz