OSonOSinGOA

Artur Ferreira da Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Wed Aug 20 08:06:18 PDT 2003

At 17:44 16-08-2003 +0530, Janet Pinto wrote:

>Brian and Viv have drawn our attention to the need to set the dates so
>that they can be firmed up at the event in Denmark. Based on our recent
>explorations we suggest the time from September 24th--30, 2004, for the
>following reasons :
>
>The off-season hotel rates apply only until Sept 30th. This involves a
>reduction of about 25%. Hotels are also more open to considering other
>concessions during this time.   From Oct 1, the normal tariff
>returns.  This year Goa is expecting a heavy tourist season, which is
>likely to set a trend for 2004.  (Have a look at the news item posted below.)

I am planning to go to OSonOS in GOA in September next year, and I think
the proposed dates are ok.

I have noticed that some people are proposing that OSonNOS is delayed to
October. I would prefer not for two reasons:

1. First I think that price is a concern for many OS'ers (but probably not
for all) and would not like to set an even more difficult challenge to our
graceful Acess Quenn.

2. Profesional life almost stops in Europe in August, then begins to
recover gradually in September
(but is still bellow 100%) and after 1/October it suddently grows to some
150%.

If there is a need to change, I would suggest that it would be better to
anticipate to the first quarter of September than to delay to what I see as
the worst possible period for working Europeans.

Regards

Artur